Labels

Saturday, March 8, 2014

Soccer Mom

It's official! I am now a Soccer mom. I was very happy when my son told me he wants to learn how to play soccer. I was even happier that he and his dad found the school he can learn from. Of course I still had to be the one to make the calls but that was okay with me.

When the coach asked me how he developed an interest, I told him it was because he watches Detective Conan with me. He asked me what that was. I had the joy of talking about my favorite anime. I told him about Detective Conan movie 16: The Eleventh Striker. I hope the kids enjoy the movie. I get the feeling they'll be watching it soon.


We took him to attend his first session which was supposed to be more to test the water and let us know if this would be a short lived course. He definitely did not have an easy time. He kept wanting to hold the ball rather than use his feet. Watching him train makes us parents itchy to jump in and play too. My hubby couldn't resist and kicked the ball with our son a bit before we went home.

So far so good. He is enjoying learning and playing. He tells us that he is looking forward to competing at the games coming up in May. I'm seriously just glad he isn't stuck indoors just playing video games.

No comments:

Post a Comment