Labels

Friday, March 20, 2015

Hacked, Cracked, Whacked!

Sometime ago my website and my twitter account got hacked. I couldn't figure out why my account became so interesting to these spanish speaking people nor why I suddenly had strange posts. I ended up having to change my password and having to tell everyone it wasn't me posting all those things. I also lost a lot of my posts; which unfortunately, I cannot recreate.

Today, I was doing some research online and stumbled upon my username and an old password. Holy #$%@! Really?!  Did I become a celebrity when I wasn't looking? LOL!

It's seriously freaky! I've seen a number of TV episodes where identity theft happens and now we have shows like CSI Cyber to show us more of the criminal uses of the net. Never thought anyone would want to hack any of my accounts or website though.

When I asked a friend good at computers, he answered he once hacked something just because he could. Perhaps that is how all hackers think? They do it just because they can. So sad for the victims.

Time to change all my passwords...again!

No comments:

Post a Comment