Labels

Saturday, May 9, 2015

Sun Protection

I recently went to the Dermplus booth at SM Megamall for the launch of their sunblock products. Most of us don't think of sun protection. We see it as an added expense. For most of us we associate sun protection with swimming; perhaps because that was the only time when we would buy bottles of sunblock. I remember mom would always make us put sunblock on before entering the pool. We'd also be discouraged from swimming during the noon hour (though it rarely stopped us when we were kids) on the excuse that we had to digest our food.

As an adult I know that I need sun protection all the time. I recall a time in college when I looked down at my foot and noticed I had a tan on the exposed part of my foot. I also remember how my dad's arms were different in shade (his left arm was tanned from sun exposure while driving).  Talk about bad tan lines!


Dermplus gave us a bucket of their new products. They've come out with seven products for people like me who prefer to keep their natural shade of pale. My personal pick will be the SPF 130 if I'm out and about simply because it is the strongest and I really hate tanning. The only thing I dislike about it is the scent upon appliation though it seems to fade quickly. I  prefer the scent of the moisturizing sunblock SPF 35 (the yellow one). The scent of the one for kids is a little too fruity sweet for me.

On a side note, according to the staff at the Dermplus booth at Megamall last May  8, their products for kids are not meant to be used on babies. We have a little one in the family so that was a very important thing. I would hate to use the wrong product on her skin so thanks for letting us know, ma'am.

With the temperature as high as it is in the city, I'm sure I'll get to test all of the sunblock soon. Update once I've used them all!

No comments:

Post a Comment